Monday, December 29, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

Well... it's been a while for me since I last posted a blog. Life has been chaotic, work has been overwhelming, love has been a ride and above all, myspace has been unnecessarily rude and has not allowed me to post for many months now. Hence the blogspot account. Generally speaking, I haven't had much of a life so there wouldn't have been anything interesting to say anyway. Now I'm thinking there is. And if there isn't, there will be. Give it some time. First, my rant. Then, to end on a happy note, the good things in life!

Above anything else, I am feeling embedded in an extremely frustrating and unfulfilling place. I work almost every single day at an off-broadway theatre in order to pay my rent and outrageously expensive student loan payments. I can barely afford to put food in my mouth and I'm not doing anything onstage, nor have I for over a year. Auditions are few and far between and I would love to be in an acting class right now but as previously stated, I can't afford it. I guess I just never knew before college how expensive it is to be in this business. Headshots, reprinting copies of headshots, acting classes, dance classes... I just wish I had more time in a day so I could make more money in order to do all these things I need to do to make it. I'm not giving up, but I just needed to rant a little. It's just irritating me not being out there doing what I love. Oh life. You lovely piece of junk.

Besides my lack of performance, life is pretty good. I'm paying those loans and my rent on time (for the most part). I do eat... I even get tea from Starbucks every once in a while. I have amazing friends who are going through exactly what I'm going through. I have amazing friends who aren't going through the same thing but are still by my side, even miles and miles away. My mom is coming to visit (finally able to walk!) and my best friends will be with me to bring in the New Year. I have a boyfriend who supports me even when I am absolutely out of my mind.  I have tons of chocolate from Christmas. And what could be better than that? I'll tell you what. The microwave Dents brought back with her. That's what.

I'm really excited to bring in 2009 and to become more persistent in making my non-existent acting career a reality. I won't give up until I get something. I know I will. It's just a matter of time. I hope all of you are following your dreams and livin' the life that you want. It's too short if you don't!

Much love to you all.
I'm happy to be back in the blogging world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment