On the way to Philly yesterday, I came up with a script that I would like to shoot, so as soon as I get back to NYC I'm going to start filming. I'm also going to start reading more plays so I can find more useful monologues for myself to use. This summer I'm going to be teaching Shakespeare again at Purchase so at least I'll be making a decent amount of income again. I realize this is all just a tangent but I can't really think of an organized way to get my thoughts out. They're just going to be typed out as they come! So... yeah. I'm at home with my parents right now for a much needed vacation from the city. I needed a break from the nastiness that is my adult life. If I just booked ONE thing, I think I would be much more happy. I don't care what it is, I just have to be doing something to feel like my $80,000 education was a good choice. Anyway, I really don't have much to talk about but I'll try to post more often. Talk soon!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Life as I know It
Hey all who still care! I know its been forever and a day, but I finally have some legitimate down time to actually post on here. I have been quite busy with trying to make it in this life I'm living in NYC. It's been overwhelming and stressful but also very informative and even fun at times. I'm honestly just trying to make my rent and student loan payments (of course) and maintain a somewhat positive outlook that things will be okay for me in the world of theatre. I've gone on a few auditions, submitted to over 100 film/tv projects and have one more week left of my acting for the camera class. If anything, no one can say to me, "You aren't even trying!" because I am. Very much so. But in my heart I know I could be trying even harder. I always think, "Someone else is out there doing everything else that I'm not, and they're going to be the one that gets the job." I know, I'm such a pessimistic over-achiever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment