In the parking lot of a grocery store, I found a dime facing heads up.
Now, don't get me wrong, usually I don't tend to be extremely superstitious. Except in circumstances where basic things happen, like throwing salt over your shoulder when it spills or saying "bread and butter" when splitting a pole. But the heads up coins never really phased me.
Until I found this dime.
My dad said, "It's a dime! It will bring you 10 times more luck!" so I picked it up for the hell of it.
That day, I went golfing and tied my father. I have never been able to drive the ball as well as I did that morning. My lucky dime seemed to be doing the trick.
I made my bus on time, even though traffic was backed up for miles.
I didn't have one single issue in Flamingo Court once I arrived back in the city.
I don't have the swine flu.
I have a list of 6 auditions for the next 2 weeks.
I get paid to go home and watch my dog.
I have money left over in the bank after paying rent AND my student loan!
I am actually thinking with a more positive outlook than I have in a LONG time. From now on, if I see a coin lying on the hard asphalt facing heads up, I'm grabbing it.
Maybe next time it will be a quarter!
No comments:
Post a Comment