Sunday, February 7, 2010

Nothing but a smile.

I know it has been quite some time since the last entry, but I assure you everything is still just as magical as it was the last time I said so. My 24th birthday came and went and I had a blast. It worked out better than anything I have ever planned before and the view from the suite was amazing. More importantly, everyone had a great time. 2010 has been so wonderful so far and each day I pride myself on maintaining such positive energy and focus. This is definitely my year. Each day filled with happiness is providing me with more perspective on myself and I'm learning to love just being me. I'm pretty good about this whole "being happy" thing. A friend of mine from high school wrote this poem for me and it still remains at the front of my mind.

"To awaken and look at myself in the mirror,
eyes blinded by light which can't seem clearer,
I take a few steps and I realize
I'm not good at this.

I stare as I comb my hair,
pose as I try on clothes.
Lost in my own sense of self-divinity.

Why try being someone I'm not when myself is so much better?
I smile, walk away from a false image.
I take a few steps and I realize
I'm good at this."

I think it's pretty important for me to realize right now that I am a strong, independent and loving person. I don't need to compare myself to others anymore because there is no other me to compare to. I just need to continue to keep negative thoughts and people out of my mind and I can keep up this very new, happy me. And I'm totally in love with that. Here's to another wonderful couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment